Chapelle Saint-GillesRue Saint-gilles
41800 MONTOIRE-SUR-LE-LOIRTéléphone : 02 54 85 28 95Mobile : 06 80 15 43 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Priory of the poet Ronsard from 1566 until his death in 1585. Saint Gilles has some of the most important mural paintings in all of France. They have exceptional symbolism and cover three clover apses painted between the 9th and the 14th century. The chapel was constructed in the 11th century for the pilgrimage routes of Saint Martin of Tours and Santiago de Compostela by the Benedictine monks. Listed as a historic site (CMH).
Self visit. The key is to be removed either from the tourist office (16 place Clemenceau, 02 54 85 23 30) or from the CafÃ© de la Paix (10 place Clemenceau, 02 54 85 10 48).